Saturday, September 25, 2010

Burning rubber

There seems to be a weird taboo amongst females when it comes to buying condoms. Girls desperately hide their prophylactics between their broccoli and tea bags, in hopes that the checkout person won't notice. In reality, the pimply dude on the register probably wouldn't even give a fuck if you were buying an ironically-named family-size box of condoms, lube, enemas and four giant cucumbers. He just wants you to go away so he can stealthily check Facebook on his mobile under the counter while the supervisor is in the deli section.

And really, what's there to be ashamed about? If I see someone buying condoms, I want to give them a massive high five and congratulate them because they're about to get laid. And extra kudos for practicing safe sex.

2 comments:

  1. Hah, agreed!

    Along similar line -- I have no shame in buying preggo tests either! And I've taken my fair share of those!

    (Also, once a friend and I were both having our periods at the same time and went to the store for tampons and chocolate -- the cashier said, "Now you girls behave yourselves tonight!" I nearly burst out laughing!)

    ReplyDelete